Friday, August 18, 2017

Why Did I start this Blog?



Hey Guys,

So there's a question that some people have been messaging me: "why did you start this blog?" or "what got you into making this blog?" So I decided to make this post answering those questions.
Some of you guys know that I'm an English Major and I've always loved to write- whether it be a story, poem, song, etc. On my second year of college, I worked for Her Campus as a contributor and social media manager, and I fell in love with writing blogs and posting things on social media.

When I was 13, I started to watch anime (though technically it was before since I used to watch Hamtaro and Pokemon as a kid, but I didn't exactly know what was anime back then). Soon I became a huge weeaboo to the point where I thought things like "Japan is the best" or I would call everything Asian "Japanese" even when it clearly wasn't. Fast-forward to when I was about 17, and I started to listen to K-Pop, but I used to listen to only one group for years. Then in my second year in college, I started taking Chinese classes in order to learn the language.
To be honest, at first, I only took it in order to understand a bit of Kanji, but as I progressed with the classes, I started to fall in love with the Chinese culture. Soon I started to watch Chinese anime- which ironically made me look up more dramas in different languages (Korean and Japanese as well). I also found many other groups in Japanese, Mandarin, and Korean which expanded my likings and knowledge about all three languages and cultures.

Now: why did I make this blog?
I made it simply because I enjoy all three cultures that I wanted to share my opinions and experiences with people who, I hope, feel the same way. I also hope that this will help expand people's likings with dramas, mangas, and music and will help inform them a bit more about the culture. As to why my name is "Ryder - The Kitten Who Eats Ramen"? Well...that's for another post.

I hope you guys enjoyed this. Please let me know if there's something else you'd like to know about me or about what I post- or if you want me to write about a specific anime, manga, drama, etc; don't be afraid to message me or comment below.

See you guys later!
Nya! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment