Tuesday, August 21, 2018

My first ever Asian Drama?

Everyone has this one drama that started this black hole of addiction to Asian dramas as a whole. For the most part, it's a classic Korean drama like "Boys Over Flowers", "Dream High", "Coffee Prince" among others. However, that wasn't the case for me. I was a huge fan of anime (still am). So I was ecstatic when I found a Japanese drama. And that drama was? Drum roll, please.
My first ever Asian drama was "Hana Yori Dango". Now, before you all go "why wasn't it Boys Over Flowers?" remember, I just happened to find it in the recommended section on YouTube (yes, I was one of THOSE people on YouTube). Afterwards, I started to find other Japanese dramas such as "Hana Kimi", "Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge" (Perfect Girl Evolution/ The wallflower which is a live action adaption to one of my favorite anime), and "Koizora".
Fast forward to about a year or two and they're starting to broadcast K-Dramas here in Puerto Rico. Of course, one of them was- in fact- Boys Over Flowers. To be honest, I wasn't too excited with Boys Over Flowers since I more or less knew the story because of Hana Yori Dango. It was still interesting to see the culture differences in detail that they have. Now, with the new Chinese adaption of "Meteor Garden", I'm not exactly excited since it's the same story and I already know how it more or less ends, but I am curious as to what sort of changes this version has.

I've never seen a drama in Mandarin until my second year of college. That first drama being Bromance. Now, I didn't really have a reason to watch Mandarin dramas back then, especially since k-drama and j-dramas were what filled my recommended lists of dramas to watch. After watching Bromance, of course, that changed completely. I became completely obsessed with them as much as I am with the others.
So yeah, that basically explains my journey to my obsession with asian dramas. Thank you all once again for reading my content. Until the next article, keep your paws and bowls of ramen up, everyone. Nya!  🐾


No comments:

Post a Comment